Today was a big day as one of the giraffes is standing. Next, I’ll start to fine and reshaped the torso and legs. Moving the giraffe in and out of the studio is tricky. Wish I had an assistant. I found the perfect glue gun. Aleene’s Ultimate Glue Gun comes with 3...

Adding layers of brown paper has helped to firm the parts up. Soon I will have to cut into them to attach. I’ve found a mixture of white glue and art paste (both are Elmer’s brand) make the best bond. It’s hard to tell what exactly you are looking at. I had to stand...

Giraffe Diary 1/9/13

After looking long and hard at the legs, I felt they were too fat. But I forged ahead. I remembered a website where you can download paper patterns to fold and found the giraffe pictured above. It took me three days to assemble her. Then I had one of those AHA moments...

Update on Giraffes

After cutting and adding two layers of papier mâché, it was time to assemble the parts. Hmmm. I realized I had to really think this process out, so I did what I should have done in the 1st place: make a small model – which is what you see here. I’m using...
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox

Join other followers: